11.26.2012

Reminiscing...

Since my parents are going off to a little cabin in the woods,
I spent my Thanksgiving break going through my things
and packing them up.

In the process, I dug up a few memories that I thought I would share.

This is a birthday card the other half of The Lauren/Spencer Project and one of her sisters made for me when I turned 16.

Photobucket 
  Photobucket Photobucket 

It is pretty precious.

  Photobucket 
A little blurry...but this is from when I used to do cheer leading, one of the many various extracurricular activities I tried out.

I am middle person in the back row.

   Photobucket 

This is a farewell note from one of my roommates at the National Youth Leadership Conference in D.C..

I swear I did not put this idea in her head, but she acted like I was a vampire the whole week. It wasn't that she didn't like me, but I guess I just resembled a vampire to her.

She said it was because I was pale and did not sleep very much. She said I moved quietly and swiftly and would always spook her when she didn't realize I was there. Also, I think at the time I really like to drink this dark pomegranate juice that she said looked like blood.

Anyway, it was a fun time.

  Photobucket 
 This was my other roommate. She wrote a really sweet note. It always surprises me to find out people actually like me.

  Photobucket 

This is an adorable picture I found of my dad.

I think I have a good looking pair of parents. And this picture was not even filtered with Instagram. Pictures just came out this way back then.

  Photobucket 

This picture really dates myself. Crimping? Really? Why was this a thing?

This is from a sleepover birthday party. The girl on the left was the birthday girl. Her mom was a makeup artist, and she gave all of the party guests "makeovers." It was the first time I ever wore mascara. I lost one of those Limited Too earrings at her house. I remember being really bummed about that. Also, Limited Too dates me as well.

    Photobucket 

My Incredible Talking Skeleton was one of my favorite toys as a kid, along with my talking globe. I was really into memorizing my bones and locating all of the countries.

  Photobucket 

I find this a little scary. I remember strongly disliking this as a child, but it still hung steadfastly on my door. My mom put it up and I don't know why I did not take it down until too late of a age.

  Photobucket 

This was another favorite toy of mine. It is a Barbie playhouse.

I also had Barbie horses and a stall to put them in, and a pond outfitted with animals.

I used to spend hours setting this all up and then taking it down. Is it weird that I never actually played with the dolls in the house?

I just liked putting everything in its place and then cleaning it back up.

  Photobucket Photobucket 
  Photobucket 

This picture did not really work out the way I had imagined. Bella was not being very cooperative.

I wanted her to just be another fluffy face amid the mass of stuffed animals, but she was not having it. I like documenting things and I had to take a picture of all of these animals together before I handed them over to Goodwill.

   Photobucket 

Based on the handwriting, it looks like I wrote this when I was eight, which is confusing because I figured out Santa wasn't real when I was seven because my mom writes her "Ts" a certain way, and a letter I received "From Santa" "To Caitlin" was written in the same way.

I think I just did this so my mom would know what I wanted, but it is still cute.

I used to love York peppermint patties (well, they are still pretty great) and I used one of the foil wrappers to wrap up my Christmas wish.

  Photobucket 

Scented hairspray? What does that even mean? Isn't it all scented...and not in a good way.

  Photobucket 

When my mom used to read Peter Rabbit was a baby, I would get super excited. I would start laughing smiling and thumping my own feet. This is a Thumper paper-bag puppet I made way back when

  Photobucket 

Also, this is my childish interpretation of my dad's painting that hangs above our fireplace. The oil-paint version is much more realistic.

  Photobucket 

This is the sketch of what my dad was later paint on one of the walls of my bedroom, which I stayed in up until I was six. He also painted a tree that took up the length and height of another wall.

I recommend going through your old things once and a while to see how far you have come.

LA
 

No comments: