8.09.2011

Project #13: Dye a Streak in My Hair (I've Got the Blues)

I dyed a blue streak in my hair! 


I had never dyed my hair before, so I pretty much had no idea what I was doing, but I found a kit that had bleach, peroxide, dye, and gloves, and just took a chance. 



It was much easier than I had expected it to be. TF helped, and we just used foil and the bottle caps the kit came with to squeeze the bleach mixture and dye onto my hair. 

A fun fact about me is that I had some blonde hair for about half an hour (see below).



before                                                          blonde!                                                    after
 


***


While I was busy having more fun for about half an hour and then dyeing my hair, Lauren was trying out a twist on the classic French manicure with teal nails and gold tips.  



She cut white adhesive labels into strips to use as barriers to keep the polish for the tips in place.


Very crafty.


What I'm listening to right now: Can't Go Back Now (when you dye your hair blue) by the Weepies 

xo,
SF

No comments: