11.17.2012

Flushing out my computer

Every now and then, it's time for my computer to go through a cleanse. 

It gets bogged down from all the data I feed it everyday until eventually I have to reboot it. 

So, I spent today going through the 20,000+ photos and the 1,000+ documents I have and deleting the garbage that slows down my system.

It was a super fun time. Actually, not really. 

But I did revisit a lot of memories and I found some I thought I would share. 

Here are some screened highlights:

When it is Spencer's birthday, I like to make her a cake and a handmade token of my friendship, and she does the same for me (see previous posts). This year I made a collage of drawings of things that remind me of her. 

Here is my brainstorm list: (clearly unedited) (I totally forgot it existed and it was a happy discovery( (also, SF hasn't seen this; I can't wait to hear her reaction! eek!)

tazo green tea
steaz
peach oolong
diet coke
OCD
caprese sandwiches

megavideo 76 min wait

my hands are amazing!
im in a crisis

memory board-

unnecessary quotes
food blog- random
thing that Taylor used to say
dark chocolate almonds
gazebo
pretty little liars- off-center shh

leaves that have leaf written on them
haiku
sticky note with what we wrote on it
smitten kitchen
bakerella
prairie  lady
hand book
bright converse, mismatched outfit
woodsy
that purple skirt
wendy's salads
orange juice cartons
flying airplanes
geometry
lit mag
origami club
whole foods
fresh market
publix
wedges
starbucks
making dr seuss in starbucks
walking barefoot
band for plays,
fake fireplaces
suprise party at jonathans
round the world party
bell pepper
city of angels
water- thermos -dented
butternut squash
choose not to use
sand burrs
pb cups
stop then turn
making banner out in grass
what? nothing
eggs benedict
dead like me
grey's anatomy couple
cleaning the tables in physics
golf
lacrosse
mauler dinner
polo , matt's house
knitting rainbow scarf
drawing frankenstein
chemistry- spencer, me and ?
colored pens in biology
senior dinner, big bang theory and rory gilmore
senora spelled out
my face is better than yours
5:00, 5:30, 6:00 starbucks?
back room of physics, eating candy
ritz carleton, lox benedict, oatmeal, granola, blueberry pancakes
signing out
clinic
all those fashion shoots, in black, gold
pink and blue streak
ombre
chalking
both long hair
mid hair , short hair
red hair, lightened hair
chunky henna
new years- sweet cheese
romantic valentine's day
me crying on three separate occasions
veggie dumplings inside theater
papercut on eye
drawing our year book pages
honey/butter
illy
dark chocolate ginger
brie
pastry art
baggy sweaters
safe stage
color stage
floral.skirt. blousy
edgy
squishy boots
sleep over at jessica's
sader at jessica's, parsley in salt water
thanksgiving together
tiger and smarty pants
julie sleepover
chloe with devil ears
josie- tiger
bella- crown
jonathan
ichat
taylor swift
regina spektor
one republic
peanut gallery
pigeon hole
make sure you get some good food when you go to the shiva
plaid shirts
history of love
the bell jar
that road trip
extremely loud and incredibly close
room
beach (30 min max fully clothed)
bacon
nice waitresses
saijos
the help
forever 21
nasty gal
threadless
beauty bloggers
hauls
comedians- indian girl, dmetri
nigella lawson
albert einstein
elsie the cow
ringling library
genf- tea
coconut chocolate yogurt
macaroni pancakes
euro trip
bowling
eduardo
don't mess with texas
soccer game in the rain
egged ginger bread  house
#1 fans
first friday of the month
all our friends at starbucks
walking ahead and talking backwards
ants on the oak tree
red lip phase
owls- phase
gross computer with snowman stickers
paper man
windows down, music up
asian guy sqinting from heroes
friday night lights
bones
dakota skye
red my lips


That probably made no sense to you whatsoever. 
But, it is basically the LA/SF friendship summed up. 
Well, there are some more I thought of while reading this, but I wanted to leave the document in its original form.

Next, for some reason, I don't know...I'm really weird, I thought it would be neat to post anonymous sticky notes around our high school campus senior year.

Spencer wasn't there for the first time, but she joined me two times after, and I found some of what I wrote on them, on my Stickies program coincidentally. 

Here are a few for your viewing pleasure:
WARNING: I have always been an embarrassing child.

Dumbo had big ears and an offensive name, but he is remembered fondly in the hearts of many. There is hope for us all.

BY SUMONE U LUV A DIKTUNARY BEEFOR IT IS TOO LATE FOR THEM TO.
WEBSTER- Proudly bringing spelling awareness to the people since 1995, the date of the epidemic of the text.

OHHHH HAHAHAHA AHAHAHAH. oh pardon me. i didn't see you there. i was just laughing at the ridiculous outfit that person is wearing. made you look. and by the way....it is not nice to make fun. shame on me!

You could kill two birds with one stone, or you could use that same stone to sculpt a phoenix, or a raven, and have one beautiful masterpiece.

INSPIRATION COMES IN THE MOST UNEXPECTED FORMS. TAKE THIS NOTE FOR INSTANCE. YOU COULD FOLD IT UP INTO AN ORIGAMI SWAN, FLOAT IT ON A LAKE, AND ON OBSERVING IT, REALIZE THE PROPERTIES OF PHYSICS. THOUGH YOU MAY BE DISAPPOINTED ON FINDNG THAT SOME OLD GUY DID THAT A WHILE AGO, AT LEAST YOU MADE YOUR OWN BREAK THROUGH. Congrats on your infinite possibilities! 

GET UP! NOW DO A JIG! NO? WELL, YOUR LOSS. 

I found the following document titled "thoughts" : I don't remember writing this
 
-->
lightning- search light, sphere bubble of our world touching sphere bubble of other world, divide opening up
earwig swimming in shower
odd violent thoughts- cars sliding into each other like baby penguins slipping on ice
smell something and reminds you of something you tasted before- like an echo but can’t make out words
idea is more romantic than action
thinking of what to say after
I don’t understand people who are cynical about brunch- how can you scoff at a poached egg, it’s inflated with sunny yellow breakfast cheer, but people say make up your mind, choose bw bf and lunch, but bf is for muffins, cold cereal oatmeal and coffee, who takes the time to make a proper meal?
proper meal- in my family means hot and with meat, not greek yogurt, granola honey and berries for dinner
ground coffee smells like cheese
remembering things you had long forgot is a happy feeling, remembering eating honeysuckle
not knowing the diff bw dreams and reality
think others have this psychic ability to read your thoughts
driving on road and think everyone is paying attention to how slowly or smoothly you stop or change lanes but you are not paying attention to how others are driving so likely they aren’t either
yeast donuts are like people, same inside, coated in different frostings
Write a story about a factory.- toothpast cap screwer out a job
rearview mirror-can’t see outside, most exposed part of car
nails- covered up, to hang more valuable things
c in chik fi le is a chicken
beautiful things rotting


This document is labeled "Journal": I think it was a recommendation in a poetry book to observe one's surrounding to get one's ideas flowing. I don't think it worked for me. Also, I think I wrote this when I was in a really chipper mood. Judge for yourself.

 
-->
Ooh straight-across bangs, cute, should I get those again?
Love her bushy wavy hair, I am going to rethink cutting mine short
I love when a person smiles as they walk
Love her tights
The weather is wonderful
His scarf/toms/raybans/cut off Bermuda shorts/foreign shirt are great
Im easily inspired
If I could hear my thoughts aloud is would sound like I’m a squirrel on acid
How does one know if their likeable if they have no friends?
Everyone is on their cell phone
Awww a group of cheery Asians, <3
Steve jobs died- I don’t know I feel about that
This is do something extraordinary weather, and im people watching
I wish I had a friend
I wish I had more defined cheek bones
This journal is really getting no where with my poetry
The book said this would work
I should email the publisher
That guy just almost ran into that tree with his bike and then plucked an orange off it
I like art, but these statues are super ugly
Love her tribal print skirt- bet she got it at urban, yep I am getting nowhere
I love how I left anthropology early so I wouldn’t have to wait in line for starbucks and now this is what Im doing
I should really give blood
Now guy is back with his bike and another orange- he tells me they are yummy- ill take his word for it- he seems trustworthy
He looks friendly/lonely- wonder if he would be my friend

Yep, that's me, 
LA

No comments: