4.23.2012

Doctor Who: Rose Tyler Makeup and Hair Tutorial



The most recent seasons of Doctor Who are on Netflix Instant so I watched them all last summer and loved them. Then, I found out that Doctor Who is this big phenomenon sweeping this nation as well as others. I'm on board. 

Anyway, something I was wondering was if Doctor Who watchers are also makeup noticers. My guess is no. But who knows? I noticed Rose Tyler's character had a sort of signature makeup look and I thought it would be fun to try to recreate it. 

In the show, most of the time, she's wearing eyeliner and gobs of mascara and has a rosy glow and messy hair from all the world saving and escaping death that she has to do all the time. I know the feeling. 

I'm kidding.

I've never saved the world.

One day, though.



Here's my face with no makeup on and just tinted moisturizer. She doesn't seem like a character who would wear lots of face makeup, so I just evened out my skin tone with Urban Defense tinted moisturizer from Urban Decay. The color I used was Halo. Maybe that's why I have creepy glowing rings in my eyes.




 

Rose has eyebrows that are darker than her hair color, so I filled mine in using a light brown eyeshadow on a small angled brush, and then combed through them with a spoolie. Wait, really. That's what it's called. A spoolie. 


I blended Mac Paintpot in Bare Study onto my eyelids with my finger. It's a shimmery pale gold color and can be used as cream eyeshadow or as an eyeshadow base. Then, I smudged L'Oreal Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner (which is just an eyeliner pencil with a confusing name) along the top lash line and on the outer half of the bottom lash line.


Then I put on lots and lots of mascara (the one I used was L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes) to my top and bottom eyelashes (also, I don't understand how a mascara could change the number of your eyelashes to one million; also also, that would be alarming if someone actually had one million eyelashes). 


I blended NYX Cream Blush in Glow onto the apples of my cheeks with a big fluffy brush, and then finished the makeup look with a lipgloss from Smashbox in a light pink color that I don't know the name of. Then I made a sort of surprised face. I can't remember why or if I was surprised.



I brushed my hair


and straightened it

Photobucket

and messed messed messed it up (even though hers isn't messy in this picture, but it is a lot in the show and in other pictures and it's more fun that way) and then I pinned back my bangs with bobby pins and puffed them up a little. 

And that's my Rose Tyler inspired hair and makeup look.

Maybe this will become a series and next time I'll do a makeup look inspired by the Doctor, himself.




xo,
SF




What I'm listening to right now: Somebody That I Used to Know by Gotye

No comments: