4.27.2012

Coloring Our Hair with Chalk


After our previous attempts at coloring streaks in our hair (see here and here) had faded,  Lauren and I were browsing The Beauty Department and decided to try a less permanent method of hair dyeing. 


Basically, we just ran small pieces of our hair under water and then rubbed the wet hair with chalk (the kind for art, not the kind for sidewalks, although I don't see why sidewalk chalk wouldn't work). Then we rinsed the chalk out, and the hair dried colorfully.




We didn't take "after" pictures of the hair, but I can report that chalk is a successful hair dyeing tool, but the results are very temporary. The next time I washed my hair, the blue color was almost all gone. Also, before you wash it for the first time, it can get on things, so that's something to look out for.


Then, we put on colorful makeup to go along with the theme.




Oh, also, the chalk will get all over your hands.


I think it's important to have your hands covered in colored chalk every now and again.



Have a happy Friday!



xo,
SF




What I'm watching right now: Heroes



No comments: