1.20.2012

Project #19: Make Macarons


I made macarons last night! I've always wanted to, but I assumed the process was complex and difficult because they're sold for $2 each at French bakeries.


As it turns out, I can make macarons at home! (And you can, too!)



I used this Parisian macarons recipe from Martha Stewart. I added a little red food coloring to the egg whites, and I filled the macarons with boysenberry preserves and chocolate ganache that I made (just some boiling heavy whipping cream poured over semi-sweet chocolate chips and whisked together).


They were delicious last night when they were still warm, but even more today, after being refrigerated all night.


I highly recommend this recipe! 


Look at me, crossing things off of my gap year list, one whipped egg white at a time. You can too! Although, I'd be surprised if you had a gap year list. But anyway, I believe in you.

Happy happy Friday!



xo,
SF



What I'm listening to right now: Starting Now by Ingrid Michaelson


No comments: