1.10.2012

Easy Ways to Update Makeup + Hair for the New Year


My sister Tyler was bored of her look, and she has been considering getting a drastic haircut, but wanted a change in her hair and makeup until then.



She usually wears makeup that is mostly natural, and doesn't like to spend a lot of time on hair and makeup in the morning before work, so I used Urban Decay Cream Eyeshadow in Asphalt on her eyelids. It looks dark in the tube, but comes off as a light gray with some sparkles (for fun).




To define her eyes, I lined her upper eyelids with Pixi Lid and Line in Smoky Blue. Black eyeliner can sometimes be too harsh for work, so an eyeliner in a dark blue shade can give a similar, but less intense effect.


Tyler finished off her eye makeup with her favorite mascara (which is Lorac Multiplex 3D Lashes). I let her do this part herself, because I put myself in her shoes (metaphorically, because we don't have the same shoe size) and realized I wouldn't want someone else to put mascara on me because I would be scared.


I used Posietint, a pink cheek stain by Benefit, on the apples of her cheeks. I dotted it onto her skin and then blended it in quickly (because it stains, hence the name). 



To quickly brighten her whole makeup look, I dabbed Benefit's High Beam on the tops of her cheek bones.  It's subtle, but it catches the light and gives her a lovely glow.


I applied dark berry colored lip stick to her lips with a lip brush, and put her hair in a low ponytail. I wrapped a bit of hair from under the ponytail around where the rubber band showed to make her hair look more finished. 


This braided pastel headband contrasts nicely against Tyler's dark hair. Doesn't she look pretty?



xo,
SF



What I'm listening to right now: Landslide by Fleetwood Mac


No comments: