9.02.2011

Countdown to Autumn: 21 Days (pumpkin cookies, chai tea, and scented pinecones)

As you probably know if you're one of our loyal (five) subscribers, I just love autumn. Everything about it makes me gleeful.


I thought that in order to get you all in the spirit, a countdown was in order.


I am now proceeding to fill my days with festive recipes, decorations, smells, flavors, and feelings.


I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies the other day using this Food Network recipe. (Except I used semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate, and I didn't have any ground ginger, so I chopped up some ginger babies that we just happened to have [above].)





They were so delicious and cozy and a bit spicy because I used a little more cinnamon and nutmeg than the recipe called for. These cookies were a perfect way to kick off this countdown, and I highly recommend making yourself a batch. Even if you're not an autumn maniac like me, you won't regret it.


In other fall-related news, I got cinnamon-scented pinecones today. I put them in a bowl on the kitchen counter, and they are simply filling the house with autumn. Alongside my creamy nutmeg candle and a giant mug of chai tea (don't mess with Texas), I'm rather overwhelmed.


Kitten understands that feeling very well.



What I'm listening to right now: Dark Blue by Jack's Mannequin


xo,
SF

No comments: