9.14.2011

Countdown to Autumn: 10 Days (scented soap, dyed hair, and adding cinnamon to everyday objects)


Guys. There are 10 days until fall. 


I thought it was about time to break out the old autumn issues of my favorite festive magazines (I taped some of the best fall-themed magazine clippings in a letter to LA. If she hasn't gotten it yet, I may have just given away the surprise, but it's okay because it's for the good of the blog). I have found some great pumpkin and squash-filled recipes and Thanksgiving decoration ideas (because obviously, it's important to begin Thanksgiving preparation in September).


There was a sale on the fall scented soaps at Bath and Body Works, so now my whole family has pumpkin-scented hands (and couldn't be happier about it).



I tried to dye my hair red. I have really long hair, so it only worked a little bit. I thought it belonged in this post, because it's a fall color.


Something you might not know about me (Okay, really, I don't know how you would know this. Unless of course you are the cashier at my local grocery store... Hi Barbara!) is that I really love hot cocoa. I like to try all sorts of brands and flavors. Today, I sprinkled cinnamon on top, and it was great.


To make things even more exciting, there was a cinnamon stick hidden on the bottom. Quite a lovely surprise (That I planned. I don't think you can really call that a surprise. I always have been quite a rule breaker.)


TF and I got a cinnamon broom on a whim. A cinnamon broom. It's basically a bunch of branches from a pine tree that have been infused with cinnamon oil. It currently resides in the umbrella stand beside the front door. It is so fragrant and wonderful. If I were you, next time you're out, I would seriously consider investing four dollars in a cinnamon broom.

***
Maybe I'll do a post every day for the next nine days in anticipation for Autumn Extravaganza 2011 (that's what I like to call the first day of fall in 2011). 

You'll see. By the end of this countdown, you'll be dyeing your own hair red(ish).

All my love.

xo,
SF

What I'm reading right now: The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano

No comments: