8.21.2011

Shortbread Sandwich Cookies on a Rainy Afternoon


I made some shortbread cookies using the Pioneer Woman's recipe.



They were thinner and chewier than shortbread cookies you would get at the grocery store.


They were also more delicious.


I sprinkled a combination of sea salt and turbinado sugar on the cookies before baking them.


Something I've determined based on my eighteen years of baking experience is that sprinkling sea salt on cookies before you bake them makes the end result infinitely more magical.


I used this square cookie cutter, but the cookies didn't really retain their shapes.


I made them into sandwich cookies, with some leftover chocolate chips that I melted.


This was really a nice way to spend a rainy day.


xo,
SF

What I'm listening to right now: Does He Love You by Rilo Kiley

No comments: