8.21.2011

Family Reunion


For the first time in a long time, my whole family was in the same place at the same time. I have two older sisters, Tyler and Cody, even though only TF has been in previous posts.


They're both just great. And so was this sandwich. I've decided caprese sandwiches and salads are some of my favorite things in the whole world, somewhere between finishing a book and having the next one in the series waiting on your bedside table and garlic, sautéeing in a pan.


***

1) rain
2) fire
3) scented candles
4) pretty tupperware containers
5) tulips
6) okay this really isn't the order 
7) except rain is definitely first
8) using rubber spatulas to scrape down the batter that stuck to the sides of the bowl
9) finishing a book and having the next one in the series waiting on your bedside table
10) caprese sandwiches and salads
11) garlic, sautéeing in a pan
12) writing poems and also songs
13) head scarves
14) twinkly lights that hang from the ceiling 
15) change


So any way, the three of us went to lunch with my dad at a bakery/sandwich place that we like a whole lot. And I ordered a caprese sandwich. I bet you didn't guess that one.


Then, we had cupcakes and cherry streusel. Strudel? I don't know the difference.  Let's find out. 

streusel (n.): a crumbly topping made from fat, flour, sugar, and often cinnamon, or a cake or pastry with such topping

strudel (n.): a confection of thin pastry rolled up around a fruit filling and baked

Okay, it was cherry strudel. And aren't you glad you know the difference now? I sure am. Maybe you already knew, but then at least you can take pride in that fact, and acknowledge that not everyone knows these things.

Way to go, reader!



xo, 
SF

What I'm listening to right now: For What It's Worth by Stevie Nicks

P.S. I just killed a spider that was in the bathtub and I don't know how I feel. I'm pretty scared of spiders (okay, really scared of spiders), but also I really don't like to kill things (even though somehow my basil plants always die) but also the idea of a spider crawling into my room while I'm asleep gives me the willies. Any thoughts, reader?? Comment below!


No comments: