1.08.2012

New Year's Eve + New Year's Day (The Stevens Family Reunion)


Happy 2012, everybody!


The Lauren/Spencer Project had a great New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.



I made Funfetti brownies. It was so much fun(fetti).


Josephine's head turned into a pineapple, JUST IN TIME FOR THE NEW YEAR!


We had sparkling white grape juice with pomegranate seeds, because pomegranate seeds are supposed to be good luck. We researched other lucky foods for the new year, and found out about


cornbread (which is the color of gold, and that's why it's lucky), and we all ate 12 grapes (one for each lucky month of 2012). We made dip from black-eyed peas because they're supposed to be good luck, but I decided not to post pictures of that because it wasn't particularly beautiful.


Our friend Rachel was in town!



We all wore false eyelashes because, after all, the Lauren/Spencer Project's motto has always been, "Go big or go home." 



My dad made a dinner reservation for us and told them his name was Steve Stevens (which it isn't) and told them it was a family reunion, and he didn't end up going to dinner, so Rachel, Lauren, my two sisters, and I arrived at the restaurant to be greeted my a confused waiter who asked us if we were excited to be celebrating our Stevens family reunion. 


This page was in all of our menus.


We had seasoned edamame


and fancy kinds of sushi.




Our friend Brandon was a waiter at the restaurant! He didn't know I took this picture. I guess he'll find out now!



After dinner, we met our friends Dylann and Kevin at Yogurtology.



How cute!


I don't think Lauren will be up for any more New Year's celebrations until 2013. 

Isn't that convenient? 




We hope you had a great New Year's Eve/Day!


xo,
SF


What I'm watching right now: The Parent Trap

No comments: