10.01.2011

Happy October! (my favorite things in September)

I've decided to do a post at the end of each month showing all of the things I loved especially during that month.  What were your favorite things in September?


This is my favorite breakfast or snack or whatever for September. Nutella on multigrain toast with a big mug of black tea. It is a requirement that the toast is cut into triangles. It is best this way, I promise.



Cody! My big sis who I miss to the moon and back (Is that how you use that expression?) when she's away at school.  Like right now. (Videochat soon??)


Jigsaw puzzles! Well, actually, jigsaw puzzle. I just finished this Halloween themed one. It's like exercise for your mind. 


Writing letters. And sealing them with wax. Scented wax. So much better than email.


Hanging out with Muffin. And my "Don't Mess with Texas" mug that you can only see the top of. Gosh, you know, you really shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition.


Newman-O's! So great! Try them! We made ice cream sandwiches with them, but just on their own, with tea or coffee is such a delight. And anything to support Paul, am I right?




Personifying vegetables. I promise, it doesn't usually turn out so scary, but I just couldn't resist.


Family dinners. TF, my dad, and I have been doing this much more lately. It's a nice way to unwind after a long day, and it feels good to put away computers and phones and guitars and trombones and lamps and toy trains and boxing gloves and all of the other usual distractions.





Cinnamon scented pinecones. I hung this one from the rear view mirror and it was so much more effective than any other air freshener. 


Going to grocery stores with TF early in the morning and then getting breakfast and sitting in the parking lot to eat it while singing too loudly to MIKA. This only happened once. But it shall happen MANY more times.


The fact that they started putting up fall decorations in lots of public places. So cheery.


Wearing bright colors of lipstick and also Diet Coke. (See what I did there? With that picture? Combining two things in one? So clever, Spencer, so clever.)


Scented candles. 


This gift from my dad, and the newest edition to my mug collection (now there are 3 mugs in it). I've managed to use it maybe nine times in the two days that I've had it.


xo,
SF


What I'm listening to right now: Far Far by Yael Naim 

No comments: