11.05.2012

Things that make me uncomfortable...

 or make me make this face...


  1. When someone opens the door from an uncomfortable distance and I have to skip/walk over to him or her or else I feel rude. 
  2. When I am in a public place that is quiet and I am hungry, but when I eat, I feel like every one is tuned into the sound of my chewing. Then I bite tentatively and can't even enjoy my food. 
  3. Having to brush my teeth in a residence hall bathroom. I feel like I usually hunch over and foam excessively at the mouth, so I am very aware when other people are around. Then, I over-compensate by brushing like a robot. 
  4. I love studying at cafes and libraries, but I feel like the people around me are judging how often I get up or how much I move around in my chair and shift my position. Then, I focus so much on other people that I can't concentrate on my work.
  5. Walking amid a large group of people, especially around campus. There was a time when I forgot how to walk for like a year. I often don't know where to direct my eyes or put my hands. I also often walk too fast and get aggravated when a group of people are walking a horizontal line in front of me. 
  6. Ordering my drink at Starbucks. I like it a certain way, but I feel badly every time I ask for it because I feel like I am imposing. 
  7. Washing my hands in public bathrooms. I don't know whether or not to look at the mirror because I do not want to seem narcissistic, but I also want to see if I have mascara dust all over my face from picking at my eyelashes. 
  8. Stopping at a red light when I am in the right-turn lane and another car is behind me. Even though I am going straight, I worry that the person behind me thinks I just don't know the rules and he or she is getting angry with me for not turning. Sometimes I steer my wheels a little bit to the left so the person may notice I am not turning and I know what I am doing. 
  9. Tight Pants
  10. Clingy, wet clothing 
  11. Being hostage to a conversation
  12. Pregnancy or wrist-cutting scenes in movies and t.v. shows
  13. Sitting with a large party at a table in a restaurant when I do not know where to direct my conversation so I just sit and listen, which is always. 
Those are just a few of the quirks of being me and maybe you. I may had some more later. There are a lot of days in November.

What makes you uncomfortable?

Best, 
 LA

No comments: