11.20.2012

Some of my favorite t.v. shows and why

I already washed my hair, so I have no excuse for getting out of this post. (If you are confused right now, see SF's post below.)

I also watch a large amount of t.v. I have lived vicariously through characters in books and shows for a while, and I am kind of dependent on these forms of escape. 

I thought I would put some of my favorites into categories because that is the only way I can narrow this down.

Comedy:

  

I think I like The Office, followed by The Big Bang Theory, followed by Community, followed by Parks and Recreations, followed by Arrested Development. They are all kind of similar shows but I think some are more nostalgic than others depending on when I watched them. 

The Office is my favorite because I find something appealing about working a mundane but comfortable job everyday with same people, kind of how I like routine tasks like cleaning or putting away laundry. Also, I have a stronger attachment with the majority of the characters in this show.

Crime:
 

Though not serious crime, Monk is such a lovable character that I can't help but love this show. He is just so darn cute. 

My next favorite crime show is also off beat, and it is Pushing Daisies.

Teenage fiction:
 

I feel like this is kind of like the Twilight of t.v. I mean it is not supernatural all, but it's main appeal is that is is so fascinating to watch people who live so differently than me. I just like to watch the relationships and drama play out because I never am personally involved in this kind of thing in real life. 

Also, this is a very nostalgic t.v. show. I am not ashamed to admit I really got into this series.

Drama:
 

Again, if I do not like the characters, I cannot watch the show. However, in this show and others  I start to care about the characters and what happens to them. I especially love the maids and butlers in this series. 

Charming:
 

This is one of those stupid, funny, but charming t.v. shows. The show is pretty ridiculous, but the characters are so endearing.

Thriller:
 

I have been really into this show recently. I do not watch it for the gore. I mostly just ignore that part, but it is an exciting escape to think about what it would be like if our society's structure was completely dissolved. Also, I find it interesting that characters continue to fight to survive even though they are technically doomed.

Quirky:


So funny. Really witty humor. I cannot believe this show lasted so briefly.

I really should a summary of the plots of these shows later. 

What I am listening to right now:

Legacy by SF

xo,
LA
 




No comments: